- 2-3lb round roast or lamb leg
- Purchase a round roast at a butcher or a lamb leg roast for lamb jerky. Have the butcher slice the roast using one of their machines as thinly as possible (4mm thick).
- If you have a roast you want to slice, stick the roast in the freezer for 15 minutes first. It makes it much easier to slice.
- Place all the slices on your dehydrator trays so they are not touching.
- Salt the jerky liberally. More than liberally. Coat these suckers. If you want to you can salt both sides but I like to do things fast. It’s better if you salt both sides.
- Put the meat in the dehydrator. Set the temperature to about 155-165°F and leave it in there for about 9 hours.
- Your jerky should crunch when you bend it. That’s how you know it’s done.
- Keep in a ziplock bag in the freezer.
- This is a great travel snack!
- Also you can eat this with tallow (like butter on crackers).