- Beef tendons
- Instant Pot
- Fine strainer
- Meat slicer
- Medium sized pot
- 0.5lbs of tallow
- Put the tendons into an InstaPot and cover them with just enough cold water so that they are fully submerged.
- Pressure cook the tendons on high for 1.5 hours.
- Take the tendons out of the InstaPot and chill them overnight in the fridge.
- Once they've solidified a bit due to the cooling you will then use a meat slicer to cut them very thin (you will cut disc slices vertically).
- Lay the disks of the tendon on a dehydrator rack and make sure to leave space between the disks.
- Set the dehydrator to 125°F for about 3 hours. What you're looking for is a crisp, barely translucent wafer. They'll turn a little yellow and firm but not be brittle to the touch.
- Put a pot on a burner and put a significant amount of tallow in there (you will be deep frying the disks). When the tallow is at 375°F. Place a dehydrated tendon disk into the liquid, and hot fat (dunk them a bit so the disks are fully submerged in the oil). Within 5-10 seconds, it should puff significantly. When they float to the top and are puffed, they're done. The disks should just about triple in size.
- Sprinkle some salt on the crisps.
- Time to eat!