Dad suffered from a number of health problems. He had GERD, minor psoriasis, mouth ulcers, fatigue and had an extremely hard time losing weight. He stopped eating desserts, went without sugar, and tried exercising. The worst health problem was severe depression. It seems to run in our family.
When I started figuring out my problems were caused by food, and my depression lifted, I convinced dad to go on the same diet. The first year he lost 50 pounds. No joke. He lost about a pound a week. I know this sounds extreme but he’s eating well. We eat a lot and we definitely don’t calorie count. All his minor health problems went away, and he seemed to age backward. No joke, check out his previous YouTube videos (2014 ish) compared to 2016-2017’s. The depression has been harder to get under control but it’s under control too. He doesn’t nap either. We’re going to make a video soon about it.
Anyways this is his diet:
- wild game is fine too, elk, moose, etc.
- wild salmon
- tuna – check the ingredients! Get stuff that’s just tuna and water and perhaps salt.
- organ meat – chicken liver tastes the best I find
- wild herring – check the ingredients!
- wild sardines – check the ingredients!
- arugula microgreens (arugula sprouts)
- swiss chard
- seaweed –check the ingredients! this is hard to find without soy and other things. The brand I’ve linked to is safe and really tasty
- collard greens
- sweet potatoes
- olives – check the ingredients! see my olive post. be super careful about which brands you buy here too, many have preservatives and flavours and dyes.
- apple cider vinegar – try to get the organic stuff so there aren’t dyes and flavours added
- coconut oil – get unrefined. And try to avoid the Nutiva brand. It’s everywhere but it doesn’t taste as good, and I’ve had ones that have gone bad before.
- olive oil – make sure your olive oil is pure olive oil. Sometimes it’s also soybean oil!
- bay leaf
- baking soda (probably won’t eat this but it’s good for toothpaste 🙂 )
- peppermint tea – check the ingredients. Buy loose leaf (David’s sells an organic peppermint which is lovely) or organic. We want to make sure there aren’t preservatives or flavours added. White tea bags or coffee filters are often bleached with sulfites. If you’re super sensitive (dad and I), you’ll react to these. So make sure you get organic tea bags as well!
- black tea
- vodka (unflavoured)
This makes it extremely difficult to eat out, and we’d be more relaxed about it if messing up didn’t result in a deep and miserable month long depression. We’re trying to branch out to more foods, but it seems like most of what we try and reintroduce goes badly. Next test is tomatoes!
Hi. Thanks for this. Wish to know some recipes.
Mikhaila has already posted some recipes, if you would read her posts. There might even be one called “Recipes” It is old, as she only eats beef, water, and salt. That’s the recipe now.
What do you think about beans?
Melinda, read her posts. It will save you a lot of time and Mikhaila a lot of time. I could pretty well tell you what she thinks about beans, and if you read her posts, then you could probably figure it out also.
Yep, no beans sorry! Too high in lectins. You can always reintroduce and test them out yourself but for the beginning part, skip them!
What is your opinion on antibiotics in meat affecting human health? And do you eat your poultry organic (antibiotic free)? Ilyas.
Thank you so much for this guide. My depression, anxiety, & muscular spasms have all been completely cleared through this diet.
What about chilli
Nope. Legumes are out for the first part of the elimination diet, and tomatoes. You can reintroduce later!
Would love to see your video on the topic when it’s released.
Leave a comment