- Organic collard greens
- Frying pan
- Coconut oil
Put approx. 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a frying pan.
2. Wash collard greens. You buy them in a bunch, I'll cook about one bunch per person.
3. Cut the collard greens up into about 1-inch segments. Nothing fancy. Don't cook the bottom stem part.
4. Turn the frying pan on medium-high.
5. Put the collard greens in the pan, if they spit at you, turn it down slightly and put a splatter guard on. Splatter guards are great because you can cook at higher temperatures without being attacked by spitting oil. Invest in one. They're cheap. The $3 ones break really quickly though, I'd recommend a silicon one like the one below. You can find them here.
6. If you don't have a splatter guard, be prepared for some spitting. But if it's hot like this, it'll make the collards crispy and yummy.
7. Stir approximately every 2 minutes until they look darker (approx. 5 minutes)
8. Turn down to medium-low or low and let them cook for another 5 or 6 minutes until they're soft. The ones that look kind of see-through were cooked at a higher heat and are crispy. They're less bitter.
9. Eat. Usually, this is a side. Cook some meat too!