Jordan Peterson’s Diet (extremely low carb):
- wild game is fine too, elk, moose, etc.
- wild salmon
- tuna – check the ingredients! Get stuff that’s just tuna and water and perhaps salt.
- organ meat – chicken liver tastes the best I find
- wild herring – check the ingredients!
- wild sardines – check the ingredients!
- arugula microgreens (arugula sprouts)
- swiss chard
- seaweed –check the ingredients! this is hard to find without soy and other things. The brand I’ve linked to is safe and really tasty
- collard greens
- olives – check the ingredients! see my olive post. be super careful about which brands you buy here too, many have preservatives and flavours and dyes.
- apple cider vinegar – try to get the organic stuff so there aren’t dyes and flavours added
- coconut oil – get unrefined. And try to avoid the Nutiva brand. It’s everywhere but it doesn’t taste as good, and I’ve had ones that have gone bad before.
- olive oil – make sure your olive oil is pure olive oil. Sometimes it’s also soybean oil!
Mikhaila Peterson’s Diet (Zero-carb Lion Diet):
Soda water because I’m a princess
Dad doesn’t tolerate carbs well. He’s cut out sweet potatoes, parsnips, and carrots and is down to JUST meat and greens. Those of you who have been following for a while may see changes from the original diet here. The original diet is what worked for me pre-pregnancy. For whatever reason, I lost the ability to tolerate any carbs (so any vegetable) after/during pregnancy. It took me about 6 months to realize what was going on and then switched to all meat (Dec 2017). Dad may be going zero-carb soon. He can get his mood to a 7-7.5/10 with the above diet but I don’t think that’s good enough. Zero-carb is easier, and there don’t seem to be any downsides. Currently symptom-free and thrilled about it. I also love steak.
What about eggs? Is it ok to include them on the list?
Lots of people are sensitive to eggs. They’re one of the top 8 allergens.. I’d probably avoid for the first month and reintroduce after that
Eggs aren’t dairy that’s for sure, completely different type of proteins.
I’m sorry if someone has already asked this, but how important is it for the meat to be organic?
Mikhaila, Thank you for all your help. I thought that your father was 100% carnivore based on recent (?.-not sure of the episode/s) Rogan podcast. Is this still accurate? Thank you.
Yes! He started all beef in May.
Awesome post. From what I understand this diet needs to be updated as Dr. Jordan Peterson is eating just beef. Correct?
So that means no salmon, chicken, tuna, olive oil, salt, etc? If that’s so… could you elaborate on the type of beef you are both consuming and do you cook it? How many meals per day?
It would be greatly appreciated
It seems as though he is eating the different kinds of meat listed (beef, chicken, wild salmon, turkey, etc.)
I was wondering what is your blood type?
It’s hard to find nice wild salmon here in Serbia. I have heard that Canadian is the best. Lucky for you 🙂
Leave a comment